40% more IR protection than standard PVB.
Not only does S-LEC™ Solar Control Film filter out around 99% of UV rays but it is also 40% better at screening out solar heat (IR) energy, while at the same time enabling enough visible light to be transmitted through the film.
These days, the windows of cars and buildings are becoming increasingly larger in size. Although more light is healthier for people, a consequence is more heat penetrates the vehicle or the building. Therefore, windows which allow visible light to enter but block infrared light are important to reduce the burden on air conditioning systems and save energy.
Other benefits of Solar Control Film:
- Less skin irritation by blocking ultraviolet radiation (UV).
- Clothing, artwork, artefacts and other items displayed in windows are better protected against sun
- Protection against vandalism: the glass will not break easily when struck with a heavy object;
- Does not block the radio waves emitted from radios and mobile phones.
- You can reach the same insulation with thinner glass combinations, and use easier and cheaper
- Less burden placed on air conditioning systems - saving energy.
- Lower working and living temperatures.